Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Eh??? What is this all about ???


Before I start mumbling or rather scribbling My thoughts or the Borrowed ones, let me set the context first!

If at all the disaster strikes & you happen to land on this page, by will or mostly by chance: Whom are you going to hear from?? What can you expect to read?? Why the topics that are being discussed here??

You are listing to a sane girl in her mid-twenties caught in a cultural quagmire! She is living amongst a bunch that eats cereals rich with badam & kesar for breakfast, gobbles up noodles only if it contains the Indian masala & uses perfumes and brands imported from America! A puzzled lot that hangs around in pubs and discos, but never fails to attain the blessings of elders and God before a vital interview!

Yes I am a sane girl but just that I was born in the late eighties, thus belonging to that generation which is too advanced for its predecessors from pre economic liberalization era but at the same time is not as individualistic as the generations that have followed it! And hence, naturally, I definitely do want to go to a temple, pray to God and follow all the customs & rituals that my parents & grandparents have been following but there is a disclaimer to it. I want to understand the science behind it. I am not dismissing that my ancestors have been fools to have set rules & regulations & talked about culture & scriptures. I am concerned that somewhere with the passing of knowledge over generations, its essence might have gotten lost thus making it all irrelevant to most of us today.

I am not here to make changes to or disintegrate the rituals; all I am here to do is to add value to them by unlocking the hidden meanings. I truly believe that there is some merit in trying to understand the scriptures, rituals & their eternal meanings.




No comments:

Post a Comment